Please call to schedule your influenza vaccine now.
The Centers for Disease control recommends that everyone six months and older gets the vaccine. Mansfield Family Practice schedules flu vaccination clinics. These clinics start in the first week of October.
Who Should Get Vaccinated:
In general, anyone who wants to reduce their chances of getting the flu can get vaccinated. However, it is recommended by ACIP that certain people should get vaccinated each year. They are either people who are at high risk of having serious flu complications or people who live with or care for those at high risk for serious complications. During flu seasons when vaccine supplies are limited or delayed, ACIP makes recommendations regarding priority groups for vaccination.
People who should get vaccinated each year are:
- Children aged 6 months up to their 19th birthday
- Pregnant women
- People 50 years of age and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
- a. Health care workers
- b. Household contacts of persons at high
risk for complications from the flu
- c. Household contacts and out of home
caregivers of children less than 6 months
of age (these children are too young to be