**If you suspect you have been exposed please do not come to Mansfield Family Practice. You can call the office for medical direction.**
We are open for regular patient visits and sick visits that require treatment. Click here for a letter to all our patients
If you have questions regarding the latest information on COVID-19 please use the following links:
If you have questions not answered by these websites please call Hartford HealthCare’s 24-hour COVID-19 Clinical Command Center hotline for Patients and community: 860-972-8100 or (toll-free) 833-621-0600.
Testing is currently available for high risk patients only. Testing for worried people without symptoms is not available. It will be a clinical decision for medical providers to make regarding testing.
Regarding the common cold:
The CDC recommends contacting your primary care doctor if you have:
- Difficulty breathing or fast breathing
- Fever that lasts longer than 4 days
- Symptoms that last more than 10 days without improvement
- Symptoms, such as fever or cough, that improve but then return or worsen
- Worsening of chronic medical conditions
The CDC does NOT recommend seeing your physician to rule out for the common cold. Although there are some lab tests that can detect common viral agents like rhinovirus and respiratory syncytial virus, they are rarely used because the common cold tends to go away before a diagnostic test is necessary.
For more information on the common cold Click here
You can help prevent colds and other illnesses by doing your best to stay healthy and keep others healthy, including:
- Washing your hands
- Avoid close contact with people who have colds or other upper respiratory infections.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Don’t smoke and avoid secondhand smoke.