Full time position is available for an experienced Medical Assistant in a busy family medicine practice in Storrs, CT. The ideal candidate will have 2 to 4 years experience in an office/hospital setting. Primary duties will include assisting physicians with daily patient care, assisting physician with office procedures, prepping exam rooms, bringing patients into exam rooms, recording reason for visit, scheduling follow-up visits and ancillary services. , assisting physician with office procedures, and other clinical/clerical functions as assigned. Medical reception and administrative duties will also be assigned.
Fax resume to (860)429-1663 or email to email@example.com
High school graduate required and graduate of an accredited medical assistant program.
Must possess excellent customer service and team building skills.
Ability to work independently in a fast work environment required.
Two years experience in a medical office setting preferred.
CPR Certification preferred. Possess basic computer knowledge
1. Demonstrate respect for patients and staff by presenting a consistent, friendly, and courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality.
2. Prepare patient, assist provider as indicated. This typically includes:
- height and weight
- blood pressure and pulse
- EKG’s, urines, blood draws (fingerstick glucose, Hgb, PT/INR and Leads)
- Holter and ABM (set-up, removal, and scheduling)
- assist providers with minor surgical procedures
- follow up on laboratory test processing, track results
3. Prepare examination and treatment rooms, maintain supplies in the rooms.
4. Prepare and maintain equipment including sterilization
5. Order clinical supplies (if assigned)
6. Work towards MA certification and/or maintain it by doing required CEU’s
7. Maintain CPR certification
8. Assist provider by helping to complete patient forms
9. Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA and CLIA regulations, and MFP policies
10. Assist coworkers whenever possible to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent services through teamwork
11. Perform other duties as assigned. May perform receptionist and/or medical records duties
12. Maintain professional appearance by adhering to dress code
13. Possess basic computer knowledge
Treat patients and staff in a friendly, courteous manner
Time management, judgment in setting priorities, completing work and working extra shifts when necessary
Consistency in understanding and applying policies, including dress and appearance
Reliability in being consistently at work when scheduled
Adherence to scheduled times of arrival and departure from work